Job title Field Service Technician
Reports to Service Manager
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for supporting customer needs with excellent customer service, while maintaining company values. The essential function of the position is to provide startup, service, upgrade and trouble-shooting of industrial and commercial steam and hot water generation equipment and related controls and systems. This includes troubleshooting, repairing, start-up & performance testing, controls installation & commissioning as well as other upgrades such as fuel and low NOx burner conversions. It also involves providing supervision and assistance in the form of inspections, consultation, and training of Delval’s customers.
Technicians perform maintenance and repairs on boilers, controls and auxiliary equipment and often work with or supervise Delval’s other field personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Be progressive to provide clients with the most effective product, technical support, or service solutions for their needs.
• Performing annual maintenance and inspections.
• Installation, upgrading, and maintenance of combustion control equipment, including controls and burners.
• Completing PM contracts.(Preventative Maintenance)
• Troubleshooting of electrical and mechanical systems.
• Performs control upgrades and retrofits.
• Performs emergency troubleshooting of equipment
• Starts-up of new equipment
• Performs and supervises repairs and conversions to equipment.
• Works with other Technicians, field personnel, trainees, subcontractors, and customers’ personnel in the operation and service of boiler room equipment.
• Demonstrates independent judgment, leadership and discretion in the performance of his/her duties.
• Works well with peers, supervisors, Parts & Sales Departments, and customers and complies with company policies, including attendance, punctuality, and safety.
Provided for reference only.
For more information visit www.delval.com
• Handles the physical requirements of the job and performs safely in the work environment.
• Performs other tasks as directed by supervisor.
• 2 to 4 years of technical school training (or equivalent experience)
• Experience doing fieldwork desired
• Strong mechanical and electrical background is desired
• Technical aptitude with a strong desire to learn and grow
• Ability to read electrical and mechanical diagrams
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• A solid understanding of boilers, burners, burner management systems and related steam and hot water systems is desired
• Experience with a combustion analyzer and ability to set fuel/air ratios is desired
• Safe driving record and ability to travel overnight on occasion when needed
• Utilizes theories of electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, combustion and incineration.
The position of Service Technician may require after hours emergency on-call support. Delval provides emergency on-call 24/7 support via on-call rotation. Exposure to elevated temperatures in and around boiler room equipment.
As a field Service Technician you will need to be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, climb ladders/scaffold. Driving for up to 4 hours at a time and limited out of town travel will be necessary. Must be able to pass physical & illicit substance screening
Based on Experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $32.00 per hour
Learn more about Delval Equipment
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org